Thursday, November 25, 2004

Cuban

El Criollo
13245 Victory Blvd - (818) 508-0865
Tremendous Van Nuys Cuban, far better than Versailles. Check out giant Montuno Cubano combo platter.

Tacos El Camaguey
10925 Venice Blvd - Los Angeles, CA. 310-839-4037
Fantastic tacos and best of all - cubanos and media noches (Cuban pressed sandwiches) in a supermarket. I love to come here!

Versailles (Venice)
10319 Venice Blvd, (310) 558-3168
Everyone knows about Versailles, the Cuban chain. Oxtails are actually better than the famous chicken.

Cafe Tropical
2900 W Sunset Blvd (323) 661-8391
Silver Lake cubano pressed the old-school way. Also cafe and pastries.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You MUST try Felix's in downtown Orange. Cuban to make you WEEP with happiness. Absolutely worth the trip, and worthy of being included on your fab. site...

11:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also recommend El Floradita in Hollywood. It has live music on the weekends, but the real stand out is the food and drink. Especially the classic and very hard to find white bean soup, Caldo Gallego, which they have here most every day - even though outside Little Havana in Miami, FL, I have never found another restaurant that had it more than once a week on the specials menu. I don't know any other place in L.A. that makes it at all. The masitas and chicarrones de pollo are also incredible.

I'll post a couple more places I found in the valley once I can dig out the menus.

7:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oops, here's a link to El Floridita

http://www.elfloridita.com/

7:15 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I can't believe La Bodeguita De Pico isn't on this list... I live 1 block from Versailles and I drive to this joint instead... even if the mojitos are made with soju. MUST have the Clasico Plato Cubano (roast pork and ground beef) stuff yourself and have leftovers, or feed two for 16 bucks!

http://www.labodeguitadepico.com/
5407 West Pico Blvd

12:51 PM  
Blogger JayChan said...

I found a hidden gem near Van Nuys just off Sepulveda and Parthenia Place.

http://www.casadonrolando.com

Casa Don Rolando is one of the best Cuban restaurants I've tried in Los Angeles. Lunch menu is the better value although I prefer the night time crowd here.

Arroz Imperial is by far my favorite dish here followed by guava shells and cheese.

I guess technically Casa Don Rolando is in North Hills

http://www.yelp.com/biz/casa-don-rolando-north-hills

2:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home